Sunday 1 September 2013

Financial Report - August 2013

Financial report for the month of August 2013 (last month). Trade oriented since trading is how I make virtually all of my ISK.

I buy and sell skill-books, faction/deadspace/officer mods and implants with traders covering all 5 major trade hubs (Jita, Amarr, Dodixie,  Hek and Rens) plus secondary hubs in most other empire regions. I have 20 traders in total, 3 on Jita, one each for mods, implants and skillbooks, the rest covering 17 different regions.

I play fairly casually and update orders infrequently, often going several days between posting/updating orders. Some characters get updated more often than others and I update sell orders more consistently than buy orders.

Expenses were up again due to doing 9 character moves (100-200 million per move just for lost deposits on cancelled orders) plus having 8 accounts dual training. That's about 4 billion right there. I also lost a bit over 2 billion to a gank while moving one of the characters.

I dropped most of my inventory worth under 10 million in all locations except Jita and under 20 million in many locations. I completely redid my quickbar lists for Deadspace and Faction mods and made many, many changes to my regional order strategy (exactly what I buy or sell and how much of in different regions). The end result being I bought and sold many more expensive items, far fewer cheap items and spent a lot less time flying around picking it all up.

I did spend nearly twice as much time on market related activity this month, about 40 hours in total. However the extra time was all spent on moving characters around and getting them setup in new locations. A fair bit of time was spent on the quickbar reorganization and regional order strategy changes too. All things I won't be doing every day or every month. The time spent on my usual day to day routine was only about 15 hours.

In August I made 40 billion after expenses. Pretty decent considering all the changes made. For a few days I was actually worried I may have bitten off more than I could chew and stretched my finances a bit too far but it worked out fine in the end. September should be interesting as I finish settling in at the new locations, get used to and become faster at working the new regional order strategy.



Current net worth is 270 billion with about half in cash and market escrow. Most of the rest is in sell orders and recently acquired stock I haven't gotten around to posting for sale yet.  As I get bigger and spend less time updating individual orders I find myself carrying more and more of my net worth in sell orders. Very little is in assets I don't intend to sell soon, a few ships and some mods I keep in stock for my own use, maybe 4 billion in total.

That's my actual current total net worth, I don't pad the numbers by counting ISK I've earned but have since spent and no longer have. That'd be like calling myself a real life millionaire because I've earned over a million dollars during my life when the reality is I've never had anywhere near a million in total.

No comments:

Post a Comment