Tuesday 1 January 2013

Progress Report - January 2013


Report on the status and progress of all my characters for Jan 2013. Mostly Trade oriented since making ISK is my main focus and trading is how I make ISK.

I sell skill-books (roughly half my items are skill-books), faction/deadspace mods and implants (mostly 5% skill implants). I cover all 5 main trade hubs (Jita, Amarr, Dodixie,  Hek and Rens) plus a couple regions that don't have a major trade hub. I play fairly casually and update orders infrequently, on average taking 2-3 days to update all orders on all characters. Some characters get updated more often than others and I update sell orders much more consistently than buy orders.

I started out doing all regional trading but as I got bigger all the travel involved was taking too much time. Now I mostly station trade, with a little regional trading and very occasionally a courier contract to haul stock between regions.

I don't play the 0.01 ISK camper game, my undercuts (and overcuts for buy orders) tend to be big, usually around 10% of the difference between the highest buy order and the lowest sell order. I don't hesitate to undercut sell orders by half or more when something is extremely overpriced either.

Current net worth is 80 billion with more than 3/4 of it in cash and escrow. Most of the rest is in sell orders and recently acquired stock I haven't gotten around to posting for sale yet. Very little is in assets I don't intend to sell soon, a few ships and some mods I use often, maybe a billion in total.

That's my actual current total net worth, I don't pad the numbers by counting ISK I've earned but have since spent and no longer have. Put in real life terms, that'd be like calling myself a millionaire because I've earned over a million dollars during my life when the reality is I don't have anywhere near a million right now.

Account 1

My first account. It used to be the account my main was on, the main got the vast majority of training queue time so the two characters remaining on the account are way behind in training. Now the main is on his own account so these two can train harder.

Couster Regional Trader, 125 buy orders, Wholesale IV, Accounting IV, Broker Relations IV, Margin Trading V. Buys a bunch of different things, transports to Dodixie and contracts to the main trader there for resale.

Inactive trader. 53 buy orders, Retail IV, Accounting IV, Broker Relations IV, Margin Trading IV and all remote order skills at IV. Currently inactive, sitting in Jita and not doing any trading but just picked up Covert Ops III and will start ninja trading soon. Currently training Retail V which will be followed by Wholesale IV.

Account 2

Amarr Station Trader. 269 orders, Tycoon IV, Accounting V, Broker Relations V, Margin Trading V, does nothing but station trade. Currently training Tycoon V.

Dodixie Station Trader 269 orders, Tycoon IV, Accounting V, Broker Relations V, Margin Trading V, does nothing but station trade.  Finished training trade skills for now.

Rens Station Trader 273 orders, Tycoon IV, Accounting V, Broker Relations V, Margin Trading V, does nothing but station trade. Finished training trade skills for now.

Account 3

Lonetrek Regional Trader. 273 orders, Tycoon IV, Accounting IV, Broker Relations IV, Margin Trading V, all remote order skills at IV. Mainly a buyer, does sell a few things but mostly just buys, flies to Jita and contracts goods to my two traders there for resale.

Hek Station Trader 269 orders, Tycoon IV, Accounting V, Broker Relations IV, Margin Trading V, does nothing but station trade. Currently training Broker Relations V.

Jita Station Trader 269 orders, Tycoon IV, Accounting V, Broker Relations V, Margin Trading V, does nothing but station trade implants and mods. Finished training trade skills for now.

Account 4

Jita Station Trader, 269 orders, Tycoon IV, Accounting V, Broker Relations V, Margin Trading V, does nothing but station trade and only handles skillbooks. This was the last trader I made but the first one finished training trade skills. Finished training trade skills for now.

Exploration / Scout / Scanning pilot, newest character, flies Covert Ops (Buzzards) and is training Int/Mem support/scanning/exploration skills. Already has Covert Ops IV and all Astrometric skills at IV. I don't plan on doing any serious trading on this character. He has 21 order slots, more than enough to buy things he needs and that's about it. Currently training a whole lot of int/mem skills to IV or V with particular emphasis on skills for the Core Competency Standard certificate.

Account 5

My Main, all by himself on his own account now. 125 orders, Wholesale IV, Accounting IV, Broker Relations IV, Margin Trading IV and all of the "remote order" trade skills at IV. Recently got Torpedoes V and can use T2 Torps now. He's no longer involved in the Jita trade but does a little ninja trading in low and null. Flies Stealth Bombers (Manticores) most of the time, sometimes Drakes and very rarely anything else. Currently training Heavy Missiles V.

Future plans

Get the second character on account 1 Retail V, Wholesale IV, Broker Relations IV, Margin Trading V, then work on flying support skills (mainly Navigation, Engineering and Electronics skills) for both characters. Will probably train both characters into Covert Ops after that. Might eventually train one into Blockade Runners too. Once they have Covert Ops at least one of these characters will probably wind up a null sec ninja trader, buying their stuff cheap and selling it back to them for a big profit. One of them just learned cloaking III. He'll head to null soon and try ninja trading without Covert Ops while training other trade skills higher.

On the main I'll be doing bombing runs as well as some exploration, ninja trading and even a little mission running. Get a few key support skills (Energy Management V and Shield Management V in particular), T2 Heavy launchers and work on getting all missile skills to V (except specialization skills). I could fly battleships right now but I probably won't fly them until I have both Energy Management V and Shield Management V. I might wait till I can fit T2 Cruise Launchers too. Besides I don't like flying big slow ships so battleships are low priority for me. Eventually I'll get Battlecruisers V (or the Caldari racial equivalent), Caldari Battleships IV, Gallante Battleships IV, Caldari Cruisers V and Strategic Cruisers (Tengu).

Get Tycoon V and Trade V on the Amarr trader. Then either start training Tycoon V and Trade V on Dodixie and Rens too or remap one of the characters to train something besides Trade. I'll probably eventually (in a month or two) transfer one of the "finished" characters to account 1 or 5 and start training up a brand new character on this account.

Continue training Int/Mem support skills on the exploration/scout/scanning character. Long term this character will probably continue following the Covert Ops line to get Recon cruisers next and eventually Black Ops battleships.

Get Broker Relations V on the Hek trader. Then get Accounting V and Broker Relations V on the Lonetrek buyer. Then train the Lonetrek buyer into Cov Ops.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! that's an awesome collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allot more trade characters than I have. I only have just 2 characters in total.

    ReplyDelete